Saturday, December 1, 2012

Book Review: Kitchen Confidential


Since I watch the Food Network pretty regularly, I already think I'ma chef.  But after reading this book I realize I don't know a damn thing about the food industry, but it is incredibly fascinating.  This book is kind of the holy grail of culinary manifestos.  I'm sure every chef in the last 20 years has read this book and can relate to his book.  As for the layperson, I'm not sure you want to know what's actually going on in the kitchen of your favorite restaurant.  I did learn to not order fish on Mondays!  (Why you ask?? Ehh, I don't wanna spoil the surprise.)

Anthony Bourdain isn't a writer but he does know food.  The book started slow, got good, then got slow again, then good, then slow.  So, it's up to you whether or not you want to read it.  If you want to enter the culinary world, then this book is a must.  I will say this, after reading this book, you'll never look at a restaurant the same again.

Next Up: Mogul by Terrance Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...