Single Woman's Disease is the mental condition of being perpetually single while approaching or in your 30s.
How Common is it
Scholars debate this number, but Single Woman's Disease is said to affect between 30-80% of Black women. Onset is typically after the age of 27.
- You've been on more bad dates than good dates
- You haven't been on a date in more than a year
- Every time you see an engagement, birth, or wedding announcement you want to barf
- You're parents speculate that you are a lesbian on the low
- You decide to get another degree since you've got nothing better to do
- You dip back to your ex
- Checking your online dating app is the highlight of your Friday night
- You've deduced that you will have to meet your husband on your living room couch, since you don't leave it on the weekends
- If one more person says "You'll find the right one when you least expect it" you're gonna go AWF!
How is it Diagnosed
If at any time you've been out with your girlfriends and uttered the phrase "N*66as ain't sh*t" ... you've got SWD
How is it Treated
Step into your amazing. Live your life. Be the woman you always dreamed you would be right now. Or, you know, that whole Prince Charming thing.