Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Card Tricks

We've all been distracted. 

War. 
Terrorism. 
Racism.
Ebola. 
Karreuche. 

While we've been distracted with all of these grave and dire issues, Hallmark has steadily raised the prices on greeting cards. No longer can you go to CVS and get a lovely $1 card to express how you truly feel about your family and friends set to a rhyme. Now, cards range from $4.59 to $4037. I recently went to a wedding and after spending all of my money on a lovely card, I gave the new bride and groom a check for $9.41. In my note I wrote "Sorry I couldn't give more, but wasn't that card beautiful?" 

Well Hallmark, I'm on to you. 
I'll be watching you. 
Every step you take, every prose you make, Div is watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...