Sunday, December 1, 2013

Book Review: Coldest Winter Ever


When I told my friend, a former high school English teacher, that I was reading this book, she replied, "Are you a 13 year old girl?" Apparently, I was supposed to have read this book in my formative years, however I went to a Christian school where we read redacted versions of classic novels. But I digress...

The Coldest Winter Ever was written by Sister Souljah. Just like Random Family, the book peers into the ups and downs of a girl growing up in these rough New York City streets. 

The book was an interesting read except for the middle portion in which SS inserts herself into the book as a character. Are you following? Yeah, it was weird. Not to mention, her presence in the book was uninteresting and unnecessary. But, all in all, it was a good read. I might even check out the sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...