Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Review: Random Family




This book was recommended to me by my girl Nay.  Random Family let's you in to the lives and thoughts of a large, extended Latino family living in The Bronx.  (It's a true story too.)  As the book progresses, you see the main characters go through so much.  At times you want to root for them, cry for them, and/or smack them.  The book begins by introducing you to a ton of characters, which did get overwhelming.  But as you continue reading, you see the inter-connectedness of everyone's lives and you understand why the author introduced you to everybody and they mama...literally.  Once I got into the book, I couldn't put it down.  However at just over 400 pages, it got a bit dense toward the end; around page 350 I was ready for the author to wrap up.

Next up: Snookie ~ Confessions of a Guidette. Nah, I'm playing. It's The Little Black Book of Success: Laws of Leadership for Black Women by Elaine Meryl Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...