Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Countdown: Favorite Christmas Songs

As I've told yall already, I LOVE Christmas.  The day after Thanksgiving, I unleash the Holiday playlist on my iPhone & I rock out until Dec. 25.  There are definitely Christmas classics that everyone knows:
  1. Mariah Carey Merry Christmas is undoubtedly the best Christmas album ever
  2. Anything by the Temptations & Jackson 5.  What can I say, they're legends
  3. Donny Hathaway "This Christmas" is one of the most amazing songs ever written!
  4. The Preacher's Wife Soundtrack.  What can I say, pre-crack Whitney was pretty damn great.
  5. Chuck Brown "Merry Christmas Baby" for my DMV heads

And then there are some new jams that I think are instant classics.

Best version of "This Christmas": Chris Brown


  

Best Half on a Baby Christmas Song: Justin Bieber "Christmas Eve"



Most underrated Christmas Song: Katy Perry - "White Christmas"







My most-played Christmas Song: Rascal Flatts - "I'll be home for Christmas"


I couldn't find these videos on YouTube Honorable Mentions: 


Best Jesus is the Reason Song: Kelly Price - "Messiah has come"
Instant Classic: Stevie Wonder & India.Arie - "The Christmas Song"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...