Monday, July 2, 2012
Mini Apple Pies
It's that time again, more mini food. I think I love mini food cuz I don't feel as bad when I eat seven. Anyway, this time I made mini apple pies.
1 Pie Crust
1 Large Apple
1 t. of Cinnamon
1 T. of Brown Sugar
1 T. of Flour
1. Cut your pie crust into small circles. I used a mug and just traced the mouth of it with my knife.
2. Grease your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and place your pie crusts in the cupcake pan
3. Cook your pie crust, uncovered, for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven (or whatever the package says)
In the meantime....
4. Dice your apple into small pieces. Add a dash of salt, a dash of nutmeg, and a few squirts of lemon juice. Then mix in your brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
5. Once your pie crusts are browned, place your diced apples in each cup. They won't fit in perfectly, that's fine.
6. Top your mini pies with a mini piece of butter. (You know what, you can skip this step...save yourself 10 calories.)
7. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
These mini apple pies are A-dorbs. You could top them with whipped cream, or serve them with a spoonful of ice cream or my fav, an ice cold glass of skim milk. And yes I said skim milk.