Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Div's Monkey Bread


 

I didn't grow up eating monkey bread (I'm looking at YOU, Ma) but I should have.  There's cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, bread...what I imagine clouds taste like.  

This monkey bread was a part of a delicious brunch I recently had at my apartment for a few of my girls.  We had brunch, mimosas, and made visions boards.  Who knew cutting out pictures and crafting could be so therapeutic but we had so much fun.  

I made my monkey bread in these beautiful Rachel Ray ramekins, but you could use a muffin pan also.   

Ingredients
1 or 2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
Cinnamon & Sugar mixture
Brown Sugar
Cooking Spray
Egg Wash

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees or whatever temperature the biscuits recommend.
  2. Spray ramekins (or muffin tins) with cooking spray then sprinkle a light coating of brown sugar over cooking spray.
  3. Cut biscuits into fourths or sixths.
  4. Coat each piece of biscuit in egg wash then cinnamon/sugar mixture.
  5. Place your coated pieces of biscuit in your ramekins.  You can put as many or as little pieces as you would like.  This is where you freestyle.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and biscuits are done.
Now, some people make an icing to put on the monkey bread.  Those people are just being greedy.  Bon appetit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...