Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Envy


Do you ever find yourself having social media envy? You look at Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and see your friends living these fabulous lives & for a moment you get jealous. You see your married friends popping out beautiful babies; your single friends being fabulous in exotic locations and for a second you're envious. But you have to remember, people are only putting their best foot forward on social media. Nobody puts their fight with their husband or 4 hour naps on social media. 

I've found myself on both sides of Social Media Envy. Yes, I live a fabulous life...but not as much as y'all think. Most days, I just live a quiet life in my Harlem brownstone trying to get my DVR to 0%. Let y'all tell it, I'm out every night. 

Just remember, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  After all, The Lord dedicated a whole commandment to this. (Exodus 20:17)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...