Sunday, June 2, 2013

Book Review: Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office



This book is written by a female corporate trainer and lists 101 mistakes women make in business.  As a woman who was not trained in the corporate world but wound up there, this book was a necessity.  The chapter about How you Respond in business was the most pertinent to me cuz I have a big mouth and will quickly let people know that I am smarter than them...hence the lay off.  Some of my favorite chapters were:
  • Denying Your Power
  • Doing the Work of Others
  • Asking Permission
  • Protecting Jerks
  • Wearing the Wrong Hairstyle (I guess the blond is a no go...)
  • Accepting the Fait Accompli
  • Tolerating Inappropriate Behavior
  • Accepting Dead-End Assignments
  • Playing the Gender Card
All in all, this book is a must read for any woman in business.

Next Up: Becoming Sister Wives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...