Monday, November 21, 2011

City so Nice, They named it Twice



I'm talking bout New York, New York!

About 2 1/2 years ago, I decided to quit my job, go back to school and move to the Big Apple.  My mother wasn't too happy about me leaving the stability of my teaching job & secure paycheck, but once I put my mind to something it's pretty much done.

While moving to a new city takes some adjusting, I took to NYC right away.  I mastered the subways, ordering everything online, and found every happy hour within a 10 block radius of my apartment.  Living here definitely isn't for everyone, but some of the things I love MOST about this city:

The palatial living quarters. I have a gi-normous studio apartment that offers me 350 square feet of beautiful Manhattan real estate.

The wildlife. Some states have native buffalo or wild chickens; New York has native rats.  They've been here for generations and they AIN'T leaving.  Seriously, the ones here look like Master Splinter.

Free entertainment.  The subways are full of some of the most colorful characters you'll ever see.  From the couple cussing each other out on the train, to the homeless person peeing in the corner; there's never a dull moment.

You may be asking yourself, why would anyone want to live here.  Well, every single time I see this view, my heart gets a flutter. 




It's simply the greatest city on Earth!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more! And I would add to your list:
    The Anything Goes Attitude. This has helped me leave the house in adventurous outfits, sing out loud while walking, and other things I would rather not mention (hee, hee!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...