Friday, January 13, 2012

Book Review: My Horizontal Life



I must admit, I think Chelsea Handler's comedy is pretty hit or miss. However, in the first 3 pages she described her 7-year old self worrying about being sexy for 2nd grade & I immediately knew I would like this book.

The book is a collection of Chelsea's experiences chasing men, drinking, thinking bout men, drinking, and most importantly lying to men...and drinking. She has a dry sense of humor so if you can't laugh at yourself or an inappropriate little person joke, this may not be the book for you. It's a very easy read and definitely offers an escape from reality. Be forewarned, people on the train will look at you sideways when you read a book with the subtitle A Collection of One-Night Stands.

Next Up: Random Family: Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...