Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Cups

I saw this recipe during my daily perusing of recipe blogs.  Couple things I love about this recipe: 
  • It's mini (I'm obsessed with muffin cups.  From now on, all my food will be muffin-sized.)
  • It's breakfast
  • There's bacon
  • Only 5 ingredients!

I used challah bread since I had some laying around but I'm sure this would work with french bread or any of them other fancy breads.

Ingredients:
Challah Bread
3 eggs
1 c. milk
Cheddar Cheese
3 slices of bacon cooked
Dash of Black Pepper  

1. Dice your bread into 1-inch cubes

2. Cook your bacon

3. Grease your muffin cups

4. Separate bread cubes into your muffin cups


5. Top your bread cubes with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles



6. Mix your eggs and milk in a separate bowl and season with pepper (I think next time I'll add Lawry's ... everything's better with Lawry's)

7. Pour egg mixture over each muffin cup


8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until your knife comes out clean

Yeah I ate one before I took the last picture ... so sue me

The original recipe calls for this to soak overnight.  If you were using a crusty bread or day old bread, that's probably your best bet.  Challah sucks up everything, so this didn't need to soak overnight.  And I wanted to eat it immediately...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...