Monday, March 12, 2012

Landing Zone ... Stepping Stone

I was on the phone with my BFF late one night when I came up with this gem:

"This is not your LANDING ZONE but your STEPPING STONE"

Doesn't it seem like after we went through our quarter-life crisis, we got stuck in a pre-30s purgatory?  In our late-20s, it seems we're all trying to figure out who we are and where we're going.  Between grad school, changing careers, precarious relationships, and moving to new cities, this time in our lives is marred by change and uncertainty.  We want to be CEOs, run things, pay off them damn student loans and be independently wealthy right. now.  We feel like we don't have time to wait and get frustrated/depressed if all of those things don't come together.  Well, I'm here to tell you ... It's OK!  

Let me share my story with yall.  In the Summer of 2011, I felt like my life was so uncertain.  I had finished my Master's coursework, was nearly begging people for jobs, and my apartment building had just gone into foreclosure.  I was having panic attacks practically twice a week worrying about where I was going to lay my head & if I had a job.  By Fall 2011, I had found a job but was still unsure if I made the right choice AND the heat in my apartment building stopped working.  More panic attacks....and I was cold.  Fast forward to March 2012, I'm finally settling into my job (...even got a phat raise) and I moved into a beautiful new apartment that's 2x times the size of my old one.  

I say all that to say that (a) GOD IS GOOD (b) you have to understand that sometimes when you are going through hardships it's because you are being prepared for something greater and (3) all of these trials are the stepping stones on the path to your landing zone.

So take a step back, re-examine your current situation, and step into your greatness!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...