Friday, May 4, 2012

Book Review: Bossypants



This book, written by my fellow hilarious Wahoo Tina Fey, is about her childhood, middle/awkward years, mommyhood, and rise to fame.  Tina is one of a few woman in a mostly male-dominated world and in Bossypants, she hilariously shares her life lessons and essentially, how to be a boss.  The best thing about Tina is she is a great story teller and can laugh at herself.

While I wasn't laughing out loud like I did at Chelsea Handler's sometimes crude humor, Tina definitely keeps you entertained.  Her humor is more elevated ... I mean, she IS a comedy writer and I guess that's a bi-product of her being from UVA.  (If you couldn't tell by now, I also went to UVA.)  If you love her Liz Lemon character on 30 Rock, you'll definitely love this book.

Next up: Assata, an Autobiography by Assata Shakur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...