Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chicken Roll Ups ... 4 Ways

Well, as yall know, I love chicken. *cue Mary J. Blige*  So I wanted to share how I transform this 1 recipe 4 ways.  The great thing about this recipe is you can use any ole ingredient you have lying around in your refrigerator.

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Italian Bread Crumbs
Any kinda Cheese
Whatever else you got in your refrigerator

I must admit that I cheat a lil bit cuz I buy my chicken already seasoned & already flattened.  But, yall can easily do this step.  Get your chicken breasts, place them in a ziploc bag or wrap them in saran wrap.  Butterfly it, then beat that chicken like it stole your wallet.  Once your chicken is flattened, season it with your favorite Italian seasonings.

Now comes the fun part: picking your stuffing.  The great thing about this recipe is the combinations are endless.  The combos I've used so far have been:

Herbed Soft Cheese + Prosciutto
Provolone Cheese + Caramelized Red Onions + Prosciutto
Provolone Cheese + Pepperoni + Spaghetti Sauce
Broccoli + Cheddar Cheese + Chopped Onions

Now that you've chosen your combos, lay them on top of your chicken cutlet.  Now it's time to roll 'em like you would a burrito.  

After you roll them, dredge your chicken roll ups in Italian bread crumbs.  

Spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and lay your chicken roll-ups seam side down.  (Trust me on this, you don't want all your filling to "roll" out.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on side, then flip them over and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Then voila. Magic.



What stuffing will you put in your chicken roll ups?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...