Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mickey

Last Thursday, IT happened.

The IT that every girl fears.  The IT that every New Yorker dreads.  The IT that scares even elephants.

I heard. a mouse.

*faints*

I know...I was terrified.  I was working from home for the first time EVER when I heard a scratching noise.  Although I was praying I would find a bird dying on my windowsill alas, I did not.  I heard scratching.  IN my wall.  Only one thing scratches in your wall......mice.

Naturally, my first call was to my landlord.  I believe my conversation went like this:

Her: Hello
Me: There is a mouse in my wall, what are you gonna do about it?

You see, a mouse in your apartment is something New Yorkers live in constant fear of.  It's happened to almost every New Yorker I know.  An odd rights of passage if you will.  For the last 2 1/2 years I lived in a run down brownstone with a foundation made of silly putty.  This year, I move into a beautiful, well-maintained building and NOW the mouse comes?!  Ugh.

But, I decided to man up and attempt to take care of the mouse myself.  The next day, I went out & bought 2 traps, loaded them up with peanut butter then waited.  I just laid on the couch staring at the floor, waiting for mickey to make his final, macabre appearance.  But to my surprise, he never came AND the scratching stopped.

So, did I catch the mouse? Nope.  Did he run away before I had a chance to murder him? Prolly.   Either way, I never wanna see (or hear) a mouse again!

Div - 1 / Mouse - 0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...